Saturday, May 23, 2009

Busy time

I can't believe how quickly things can start piling up.
This week Cassidy turned 9 months. Most of you who have met her know that she's the most precious little thing, little being literally true. She's so dainty, as one nurse called her. Well at her 9 month appointment she weighed in at 15 pounds 3 ounces, only 7 ounces more than she weighed at 6 months. So for now we are trying to pump her full of calories whenever she'll eat. Plus all of a sudden she's a lot more picky about food. So I have to sneak in the fat and calories wherever possible, cheese, olive oil in her veggies, formula instead of water, etc. Kind of stressful.
Yesterday I got my wisdom teeth out. Yuck!!! Can I tell you that I hate the dentist!!!! No offense to dentists. I hate metal touching my teeth, I hate the pulling and scrapping and everything. Cleanings are horrible enough. I had to undergo the procedure with only a local (I had really wanted a general) and hated every minute of it. I even started humming "ding dong the witch is dead", where that came from I don't know. I had to get shot after shot of lidocaine because I am so tolerant of it. I think that is the worst part now is the soreness from all the shots. And I'm limited to tylenol for the pain. Hopefully it'll pass quickly. I will say that I am sick of the metallic taste of blood in my mouth. Thank goodness for pain meds though, I can't imagine what it used to be like to get a tooth pulled or surgery without them.

2 comments:

TimLoraKat said...

At least it is done! I am surprised at how little she has grown, but Kat is dainty as well, so there is not harm done in that department.

Glad to hear things are going well.

Kallee said...

I sure hope your mouth is getting better. I hate going to the dentist too....and my husband wants to be one:). I guess it won't be so bad once he can do the work for me:).

I'm so glad you got to take a trip back east, looks like so much fun.

So good to see pictures of you and your sweet family!